Feel the subtle heat of Serrano peppers combined with cinnamon in this adventurous recipe created by the Captain's nieces. There is just enough heat to please the pallet and enhance the sweetness of the chocolate. Our organic peppers were sourced locally here in Wisconsin. Captain Mark's parents, long time organic gardeners, grew them. If you enjoy spicy, give this chocolate a try.
Available in 75% Cacao only
Ingredients: Organic Whole bean Cacao, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Serrano Peppers, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cayenne Pepper
Net Weight: 1.4 oz (40 g)
WHAT ARE CACAO NIBS AND 6 TASTY WAYS TO USE THEM:
Think of them as an unprocessed form of the dark chocolate you know and love, 100% pure chocolate. Nibs are broken up chocolate beans, or cacao beans. It all begins with the cacao tree, which grows pods filled with cacao seeds. The beans are scooped out of the pods, fermented, dried, roasted, hewed (broken up) and winnowed. Then you have crunchy, nutty, chocolate-tasting bits known as cacao nibs.
1. Perfect for adding to trail mixes, smoothies, and yogurt.
2. Delicious hot chocolate drink when brewed. Grind slightly and use just like coffee in your French press. For real decadence add some cinnamon, vanilla and cream.
3. Grind with your coffee beans and brew for your morning mocha with an antioxidant boost.
4. Try mixing in a couple of tablespoons to your favorite baked goods. Think cookies, brownies, banana bread granola, protein bars, muffins etc.
5. They make a fantastic crunchy topping for smooth and tender bases. Use on oatmeal, smoothie bowls, ice cream, or fruit salad.
6. Cacao nibs can be used as a topping on virtually any meal including savory ones. Sprinkle on salads, roasted veggies, chops & steak.