Delight your taste buds with the toasty crunch of almonds and sweet lushness of coconut. You will be dreaming of palm trees and ocean beaches. This delicious blend of flavors will take you to paradise. It comes beautifully packaged in a decorative bag ready to eat or give as a gift.
Available in 60%, 75% or 100% Cacao. Not sure which percentage is right for you? Click below for help.
WHAT ARE CACAO NIBS AND 6 TASTY WAYS TO USE THEM:
Think of them as an unprocessed form of the dark chocolate you know and love, 100% pure chocolate. Nibs are broken up chocolate beans, or cacao beans. It all begins with the cacao tree, which grows pods filled with cacao seeds. The beans are scooped out of the pods, fermented, dried, roasted, hewed (broken up) and winnowed. Then you have crunchy, nutty, chocolate-tasting bits known as cacao nibs.
1. Perfect for adding to trail mixes, smoothies, and yogurt.
2. Delicious hot chocolate drink when brewed. Grind slightly and use just like coffee in your French press. For real decadence add some cinnamon, vanilla and cream.
3. Grind with your coffee beans and brew for your morning mocha with an antioxidant boost.
4. Try mixing in a couple of tablespoons to your favorite baked goods. Think cookies, brownies, banana bread granola, protein bars, muffins etc.
5. They make a fantastic crunchy topping for smooth and tender bases. Use on oatmeal, smoothie bowls, ice cream, or fruit salad.
6. Cacao nibs can be used as a topping on virtually any meal including savory ones. Sprinkle on salads, roasted veggies, chops & steak.
I try hard to limit my intake of this chocolate to just a small bit per day, but it keeps calling me to come back for more!
I have never been a big candy bar guy. Having said that, who doesn't love chocolate? Captain's Chocolate has me eating chocolate while still not eating a "candy bar."
Sean - Waukesha, WI
When buying coconut almond bark make sure you order an extra package. When you start to eat it it's very addicting and hard to stop but it's very healthy for you!