Ingredients: Watermelon, Greek Yogurt, Fruit, Cacao Nibs
- Slice the watermelon to get a large round. This is your pizza crust.
- Spread the yogurt on the watermelon slice.
- Top with strawberries, kiwis, blueberries etc.
- Sprinkle with nibs.
- Optional: drizzle with melted dark chocolate. Add Coconut flakes or nuts.
No-Bake Coconut Crack Bars
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup agave or pure maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. Cacao Nibs (adjust to preferred taste)
- 1 bar of Captain’s Deliciously Dark Chocolate (or more), melted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor, blender or mixer until well combined.
- Pat into a small container about 5x7”.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle on the nibs.
- Refrigerate for about an hour. (If you can wait that long.)
Recipe adapted from https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/no-bake-coconut-crack-bars/
What are Cacao Nibs and 6 Tasty Ways to Use Them:
Think of them as an unprocessed form of the dark chocolate you know and love, 100% pure chocolate. Nibs are broken up chocolate beans, or cacao beans. It all begins with the cacao tree, which grows pods filled with cacao seeds. The beans are scooped out of the pods, fermented, dried, roasted, hewed (broken up) and winnowed. Then you have crunchy, nutty, chocolate-tasting bits known as cacao nibs.
- Perfect for adding to trail mixes, smoothies, and yogurt.
- Delicious hot chocolate drink when brewed. Grind slightly and use just like coffee in your French press. For real decadence add some cinnamon, vanilla and cream.
- Grind with your coffee beans and brew for your morning mocha with an antioxidant boost.
- Try mixing in a couple of tablespoons to your favorite baked goods. Think cookies, brownies, banana bread granola, protein bars, muffins etc.
- They make a fantastic crunchy topping for smooth and tender bases. Use on oatmeal, smoothie bowls, ice cream, or fruit salad.
- Cacao nibs can be used as a topping on virtually any meal including savory ones. Sprinkle on salads, roasted veggies, chops & steak.